SATEC's Branch Feeder Monitor™ BFM136 is the next generation energy management metering for multi-point power solutions. Ideal for both new and retrofit projects, the BFM136 automatically provides metering, demand and energy readings, logging and multi-tariff (TOU) data.
The BFM136 monitors up to 12 three phase circuits or 36 single phase circuits, or any combination of single or three phase circuits. This flexibility makes the BFM136 perfect for multi-tenant facilities such as residential projects, office buildings and shopping malls.
This compact instrument is designed to easily fit into existing panel boards or be flush mounted nearby, thus eliminating the need for expensive retrofit projects or for allocating extra space for the device.
The BFM136 monitors up to 36 currents via external Current Transformers (CTs). Each CT measures and reports the current consumed by each of the branch circuits at the panel board. For billing purposes, single or multiple circuits can be defined for each customer. This flexibility allows a simple reassignment of circuit groups without wiring changes, and allows for easy changes when tenants move in and out. Main panel board or load center installation makes for a valuable saving of both time and money.
The BFM136’s user-defined and easily configured alarm system enables users to take predictive maintenance action in order to avoid unnecessary outages.
Take it to the next level
The BFM136's multi channel monitoring capabilities are increased even further by connecting the meter to one or more of SATEC's ExpertPower™ services.
ExpertPower™ Savings offers robust energy monitoring capabilities alongside a series of Energy Management reports.
ExpertPower™ Billing provides a wide range of billing capabilities that support sub-metering programs.
Multi-point power, energy and demand data logging
- Real Time Clock (RTC) and Flash memory for data and event logger
- TOU (Time of Use): the TOU function stores energy consumption data according to the programmed time schedule
- Daily energy tariff profile and maximum demands programmable interval for load profile
Cost effective, space-saving compact design for easy installation into existing electric panelboards
- Protocols: Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus ASCII
Standard: RS-485 port
Optional: Ethernet TCP/IP, dial-up modem, RS-232, additional RS-485/422 port, wireless RF modem, 2G/3G modem
- Current inputs: 36 per device
- Measured currents, per phase: with unique High Accuracy Current Sensors (HACS) rating from 100A to 3000A
- Voltage measurement range: 120 (207) to 277 (480)V AC ± 15% (The accuracy is guaranteed to this voltage range)
- Auto rangepower supply: 88-552V AC
Alarm Configuration: Over/under voltage, over current, over kW, over kVA, over/under frequency